Monday, November 19, 2007

Week 9 # 20

Discovering You Tube was one of the exercises that brought me more guilty feeling for me. It was kind of strange taking time from work to watch You Tube, while some carts were right there, full of books, waiting to be shelved. It was a big test for my responsibility skills too, since I had to avoid the temptation of exploring You Tube a little more than necessary. ;-)

At the library, because of privacy matters, we can not just put images of our patrons on public sites without their permission, which limits what we can do on the website. However, I think using some features of You Tube to divulge library programs and events would be something good and feasible. I am sure we can think of yet other uses for it; all we need is to free our imagination.

Finding videos worth noting as an entry in my blog was not hard; choosing only one was. I saw some videos about working dogs, for example, that were really interesting and I almost put one here. But then I thought "why not choose something that relates to my roots?" That's when I decided to put a Brazilian singer who I really love. And, despite the fact that the video quality is not really good, there will be no doubts that his voice is extremely beautiful.

I chose the video where he sings with James Taylor, just so you guys have a familiar face to look at. Unfortunately, I didn't find a music that they sing both in Portuguese and English, so you could understand the lyrics.

I hope you enjoy it!




No comments: