Tuesday, November 13, 2007

week 8 #18

Social Networking is the theme for this exercise. This is THE THING that people really love when spending time on their computers. If you think about it, that was a big step on the technology field and one of the most used tools that are available out there. I'm not a computer person, as I have said before, but I must admit that I understand why people are so addicted to Social Networking sites.

You can use them to get in touch with friends, to make new ones and find the ones that were long "lost." You can find communities that share common interests and discuss them anytime you want. You can get ideas, advice, exchange experiences related to jobs, hobbies, everyday needs, and anything you can think about.

What worries me is that people are spending so much time on these online communities, that they will slowly forget how to really interact with each other, ("really" meaning face to face). It's like the world is going to have a bunch of lonely people, pretending that they are not alone.

If I were to join only one of the sites that appeared on exercise #18, it would probably be "Rate My Space".

No comments: