Tuesday, October 30, 2007

week 6 # 15

Well, I've read the information about Library 2.0 and it was really interesting, altough a little too much reading for just one "sitingandlearning" moment. :-)
The perspective "To a temporary place in time", was the one that I less enjoyed. I was just discovering about Library 2.0 and there it was, talking about Library 3.0 and 4.0. I prefer to live the present for a while, dig more, find more about, and experience more of what is happening now before I start wondering how things are going to be in the future.
The reading that I most enjoyed was "Into a new world of librarianship". Michael Stephens explores well the most important traits of Library 2.0, showing how useful it can be for everyone.
I think that when he says

"Librarian 2.0 also listens to staff and users when planning, tells the stories of successes and failures, learns from both, celebrates those successes, allows staff time to play and learn, and never stops dreaming about the best library services."

he shows an important value of the Library 2.0.

No comments: