Thursday, October 18, 2007

week 6 # 13

This was not the best exercise for me. I felt kind of dizzy after having to read all that information while worrying about my time. It's really hard to concentrate in what you are reading (especially when all definitions, names and explanations are totally new for you and part of something that you really don't care about - computers in my case) while hearing all the patrons walking around the library, bringing hundreds books back, and knowing that the carts are been filled up. I tried hard to concentrate and tell myself that this training is part of my job, but at the same time, there was this voice telling me: "you're a shelver, and shelvers should be shelving, not sitting in front of a computer for a long period of time."
Other problem I had with this exercise was watching the tutorial video. Just wasn't working.
Well, problems aside, I think tagging is a really valuable tool for people who need computers for work, for students who rely on computers as big helpers or for those who are just computers fanatics.
Is tagging an easy way to create bookmarks that can be accessed anywhere? YES
Can I see the potential of this tool for research assistance? YES

No comments: